Tuesday, April 21, 2009

George's The Greek

It's so funny how easily my plans can change for the night (half the time it doesn't take much to twist my arm). I was supposed to go to the gym for my BodyFlow class but the traffic was bad and by the time I got home I didn't feel like jetting off again to "Rock" with the Goodlifers.

M had been in Vancouver yesterday and wanted something quick for dinner so we decided on greek. We took a trek back down to Long Branch to check out George's the Greek. We had seen this place when we were looking at houses in Long Branch a year ago.

George's is a small little greasy spoon type place on the corner of Long Branch Avenue. The atmosphere was friendly and most tables were full of regulars. Our sweet server gave us our menus and then took our order. Her smile lit up the room as she shuffled from one table to the next.

M ordered the pork souvlaki dinner (sm $8.95) and I, the chicken souvlaki dinner (sm $9.95). The plates came heaping with meat, salad, rice, bread and potatoes -- more than enough for one sitting. Both of us commented how the meals weren't overpowered with garlic as I find that most souvlaki dinners are.

So the dinner was great, but mostly I loved how the staff treated everyone coming through the door. As I mentined, most of the patrons seemed to be regulars who seemed like part of the family. Some sat at the counter waiting for their orders, laughing and joking around with the staff that cooked their meals. It was fun to watch.

We'll definitely go back to George's next time we're craving some good 'ol home cooked greek food.

George's the Greek
3575 Lake Shore Blvd.
Toronto, ON
M8W 1P5
416-503-1201

No comments:

Post a Comment