Friday, March 27, 2009

Vital Planet


One of the things I was missing in my new 'hood were the organic and natural things I buy like hand soap, dish detergent, cereal, oatmeal -- that kind of stuff. I didn't really know where to go for that stuff without trekking back up to The Danforth to Grassroots and The Big Carrot.

I was happy to find The Village Butcher as I mentioned in a previous post but how excited was I to find Vital Planet only a 10 minute walk from my house. I had to drive to the other place in my old 'hood.

Vital Planet on the Lakeshore is one of three shops in the city I just found out from its Website and they are all family-owned.

According to the site: Vital Planet believes in this holistic approach and carries a large selection of quality products. You will never find the staff pushing a particular product line or a company. Some of the products carried include: natural and organic foods and dairy products, vitamins and supplements, as well as homeopathic and herbal remedies. Aromatherapy and natural body products, books, cleaning products, natural candles, bulk herbs, food, teas, organic fair trade coffee, sports nutrition and even pet food can be found.

One of the cool things about this shop is that they sell milk, yogurt ice cream and cheese among other things. And the milk comes in glass bottles. How cool is that? It reminds me of my days growing up on a dairy farm when we used to take apple juice bottles to the barn and get milk straight from the cows (ok it was in the big silver tub thingy but still). The only difference now is that I buy skim milk - the milk from the farm was whole milk that we had to shake to get rid of the milk separation.

Vital Planet doesn't have everything I like, but it has most. It even has my face cream which is pretty cool. I love one stop shops for all the goodies on my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment